Sewing is the skill of attaching objects using sews made with a needle and thread. It is one of the oldest textile arts, arising in the Paleolithic era.
As a beginner in sewing who is burning with passion of producing the best of the best quality of product— be it bags, clothes or anything else—you have to makes sure you started on the right foot.
As technology sweeps the world, the sewing art has seen a great revolution. Before sewing machines were invented women spent much of their time maintaining their family’s clothing. But nowadays there are electric sewing machines that are made of a mass of gears, cams, cranks and belts, all driven by a single electric motor. However the old types of sewing machine are the ones that are most used for domestic purposes due to their small cost, ease of operation and their small size that makes them to fit in small rooms.
Just like any other kind of an enterprise you have to acquire the right kinds of working equipment. In this case you have to get a sewing machine for beginners (offer the best experience when starting to learn sewing) that will help you attain your goal. First you have to consider whether you require a home sewing machine (designed for one person to sew individual items while using a single stitch type) or an industrial sewing machines (are larger, faster, and more varied in their size, cost, appearance, and task).
When you conclude on which of the two you require then it’s time to look for some specific features that will be of great help while sewing. These will make a great impact in choosing the best sewing machine for beginners. They include:
- First and foremost is that the machine should be easy to use.
- It should at least have an automatic buttonholer – Buttonholes are hard to sew beautifully, so this is where technology can really help out.
- Should have bright enough light to illuminate your sewing surface.
- It has a built-in needle threader so that you don’t have to eyeball it. This is especially good for people with poor eyesight.
- Adjustable needle feature that allows you to move the needle off center to the left or right while straight stitching, a great feature for edge stitching.
- Has an Up/down needle feature to allows you to choose whether the sewing needle will rise or stay embedded in the fabric when you take pressure off the controls. This comes in really handy if you want the needle to remain down so that you can pivot the fabric when sewing on a corner.
- Adjustable presser foot pressure that will enable you to adjust the pressure of the presser foot to make it easier to sew a variety of fabrics.
- The machine should also sew smoothly through a range of fabrics. It should produce even stitches, seams that don’t wander, and should pull the fabric along at a nice pace.
- The machine should come with a good variety of presser feet. Some of the favorite feet for expert sewers are: the edge-stitching foot, buttonhole foot, zipper foot, invisible-zipper foot, and a blind stitch foot for creating blind hems.
Some of the best sewing machines for beginner in the market
- Singer ProFinish Serger
- Brother XR1355 185-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine
- Singer HD 5532 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
- Brother JX2517 Sewing Machine
- Janome Fast Lane Fuchsia 1/2-size Portable Sewing Machine
- Singer Heavy Duty 4411
- Singer Heavy Duty 4423 Sewing Machine (Refurbished)
- Hello Kitty Janome Sewing Machine
- Singer Studio S10 Embroidery Machine
- Singer 9960 Quantum Stylist
- Janome Lady Lilac Portable Sewing Machine
- Janome Mystical Mint Portable Sewing Machine
- Brother CS-8800PRW Computerized Sewing Machine
- Brother LB6800PRW Project Runway Sewing/ Embroidery Machine
Straightening African-American hair can be quite a challenge if you do not use a good straightener. As the texture of African-American hair is much frizzier and coarser, straightening it is not a very easy task. However, with the several different types of straighteners in the market, you can easily find the top flat iron for black hair. Wearing your hair straight will no longer be a bothersome task, as you will easily be able to do it on your own in just a matter of minutes. Here are some of our most favorite brands of hair straighteners.
TS-2 Millennium Professional Flat Iron
No, we’re not talking about just any hair straightener by TS-2, we’re talking about the TS-2 Millennium Professional Flat Iron. That’s right, this titanium plated piece of technology can help you achieve the straight hair that you have always seen on TV.
This is a sturdy model, and so it resists corrosion, and its titanium plates easily glide through your hair, creating a silky, straight look. It is easy to handle and to control, and you will easily be able to straighten all the hair near your scalp that is not very accessible, making this one of the top flat irons for black hair.
Izunami Flat Iron Ktx 450
Another titanium plated flat iron, this one by the Izunami brand, has been specifically designed to deal with Keratin Treatments. This top flat iron for black hair can revitalize damaged hair, and the materials used to create this ensures that it will not cause any allergic reactions and is non-toxic. Despite being lightweight, it is highly durable and scratch resistant.
And you need not worry about damaging the product, as it can handle high heat and is resistant to chemical corrosions as well. You can now straighten your hair all you want without having to worry about damaging your hair or the product, as it is guaranteed to provide a healthy and shiny result to your hair.
FHI Heat’s Platform Styling Iron
This product comes in 4 different sizes, from the width of ½ inch to 1 ¾, this product is perfect for all your styling needs. The plates are tourmaline ceramic, making them recommended products in any professional’s hair styling kit. It easily reduces frizz repels humidity, locking the moisture in your hair and preventing it from becoming too dry.
The different sizes enable you to style your hair however you wish, from straight to attractive beach waves to curls, anything is possible! It is ideal for any type of hair, making it one of the top flat irons for black hair.
T3 SinglePass 1” Straightening & Styling Iron
Another masterpiece with tourmaline ceramic plating, this too can be used to shape and style your hair to however you want it to be. This works super-fast, by eliminating frizz and by giving you that long-lasting, shiny, smooth, straight hair that you want, making this yet another one of the top flat irons for black hair.
Straightening African-American hair can be a challenge if you use bad straighteners. There are several brands out there that can ensure that your hair is straightened in the way that you want it to be, and the products that we have mentioned will certainly do the trick.
In this tough economy and competitive job market, anyone is willing to enter any field just to make ends meet. People who do not consider government jobs before now already include them in their search to get a regular paycheck. Well, with the shocking impact of recession, I think this is a good time for us to take advantage of the thousands of opportunities available in the government, instead of just focusing in private firms.
Just recently, the Partnership for Public Service released their 2014 list of “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government.” The list ranks 389 federal organizations according to job satisfaction, commitment, and other essential workplace issues, such as leadership and teamwork. The agencies were ranked out of scores of 100, and then broken down by size: large, mid-sized, and small. The results were gathered by asking almost 400,000 federal employees.
If you’re looking for a job, you may want to check out the rankings, especially these top winners in the recent survey conducted.
Best Agencies: Large
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) – This agency explores the Earth, space, and aeronautics. The agency is responsible in studying different things, particularly the ones that involve in science and space. NASA helps make life on Earth better.
Possible jobs: scientist, engineer, IT specialist, writer
- Department of Commerce (DOC) – This agency promotes job creation and economic growth. DOC also helps improve the standard of living of all Americans by working together with universities, communities, businesses, and our people.
Possible jobs: economist, HR staff, accounting
- Department of State (DoS) – This agency is responsible for international relations of the U.S. DoS represents the country to almost 300 diplomatic locations worldwide, including embassies and international organizations.
Possible jobs: foreign service specialist, management analyst, legal counsel
Best Agencies: Mid-sized
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) – This agency helps maintain the country’s financial system by insuring deposits and monitoring financial institutions.
Possible jobs: financial analyst, IT specialist, project manager
- Government Accountability Office (GAO) – This agency is responsible in monitoring, evaluating, and investigating of government funds. GAO tracks how government branches use the tax-payer dollars, and then reports its findings to the Congress.
Possible jobs: financial auditor, economist, criminal investigator
- Smithsonian Institution – This is a group of museums and research centers that has a mission to promote and increase human knowledge.
Possible jobs: architect/engineer, education specialist, design manager
Best Agencies: Small
- Surface Transportation Board (STB) – This agency oversees the activities involving transportation, particularly on railroads, including rates, construction, and mergers.
Possible jobs: surveying technician, civil engineer, surface maintenance mechanic
- Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service (FMCS) – This agency helps prevent and settle disputes between labor unions and management. FMCS also provides training and other services in order to improve working relationships and ensure a healthy workplace.
Possible jobs: mediator, general counsel, HR staff
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) – This agency promotes excellence in humanity as well as helps spread the lessons of the nation’s history to all American people.
Possible jobs: humanities administrator, IT specialist, program officer
Bookkeeping is one of the most profitable careers in the field of accounting. Every company and industry, even small and home-based business, requires a skilled bookkeeper to manage their financial records. In fact, the U.S. Bureau and Labor Statistics estimates that employment for bookkeepers and accountants will grow by 11 percent from 2012 to 2022.
What is a bookkeeper?
Bookkeepers keep a record of financial records of their clients. They are responsible in recording financial transactions, tracking company’s income and expenses, updating accounts, and checking if their records are accurate and updated. Financial transactions may include receipts, debts, expenditures, invoices, profits, and payroll. The scope of a bookkeeper’s responsibility may vary depending on the service requested by their client and size of the company. At a start-up company, bookkeepers just usually manage basic accounting tasks, including filing taxes and preparing payroll. But at larger corporations, bookkeepers handle additional transactions, including monitoring of loans, making purchases, handling insurance and retirement plans, and providing financial advice.
Train as a Bookkeeper
In most cases, a degree in college is not needed to become a bookkeeper. You can get this job by just having a high school diploma. However, since there are now a lot of qualified bookkeepers in the market, formal education is increasing in importance. Many employers today hire bookkeepers with some formal education and training. If you want to increase your chance to get hired, you may want to think about getting a formal training in accounting. Here are the steps how:
- While still in high school, enhance your skills in mathematics and computer. This will help you get prepared for pursuing a formal training or finding an employment related in the field.
- Once you graduated, continue on to a college or other learning programs in accounting or bookkeeping. Your usual option is either a certificate or associate degree program. Most aspiring bookkeepers enroll in an associate degree program, which usually takes 2 years to complete. Enrolling to these programs will give you solid career-specific skills, including basic accounting, taxation, and financial statement analysis.
- You may also want to seek part-time opportunities related in accounting while still in school to enhance your skills and expose yourself in the real world of accounting. In addition, familiarize yourself with different kinds of software used in the industry.
- Once you finished your course, look for entry-level jobs and gradually learn how to perform the necessary operations in bookkeeping.
Become a Professional Bookkeeper
Of course, all of us are dreaming to reach the top. If you want to advance your career in accounting, you have to invest additional effort. And here are the steps that can help you advance in your chosen profession.
- Be certified. Take the certification examination offered by the American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers (AIPB). Passing the exam will give you the title of Certified Bookkeeper (CB), which proves your competence and knowledge in the field of accounting.
- Continuing education. With the growing number of accounting graduates, competition in employment is becoming tougher. If you want to set yourself apart, you need to create an excellent portfolio as well as broaden your knowledge. You can do this by enrolling in continuing education courses or having a bachelor’s degree.
- Expand your network. If you want to truly advance and not just be known as a bookkeeper Melbourne, you should expand your network. Attend seminars and training, contact your peers, and join different professional organizations.
It’s always exciting to plan a vacation, isn’t it? Just the idea of going in another place you’ve never been before already gives you joy. But sometimes, this excitement can disappear if you choose the wrong holiday place. Yes, there may be a lot of wonderful destinations to choose from, but picking the place that is worth visiting can also be quite overwhelming. If you’re planning for your next vacation trip this summer and looking for a very nice place to spend your time with your family or friends, then you may want to consider Borneo.
But where exactly is Borneo? And what’s special about this place?
Borneo is an island located in Southeast Asia. It is actually the third largest island in the world, and largest in Asia. It is divided among three countries: Indonesia, Brunei, and Malaysia, with almost three quarters of the island are part of Indonesian territory. If you mention Borneo, people will immediately think about jungle and forest. The island boasts its simple and yet exotic beauty. And as they say, Borneo is one of the most physically stunning places on the planet – a land of deep green forest, magnificent turquoise water, and untouched mountains.
Many tourists from all over the world travel in Borneo because of the so many wonderful natural sceneries it offers. Take for instance the Mt. Kinabalu. This majestic mountain has a peak of 4,093 meters, the highest in Malaysia. Climbing to the peak is truly an unforgettable adventure. It will only require two days hard trekking with a night en route to go to the top, but the hard work is well worth it when you see the view from the summit. Just below the mountain is the famous Poring Hot Spring, which you can also visit to relax after trekking.
Borneo also boasts its impressive parks and forests, including the mysterious Mulu National Park. This park has the world’s largest limestone cave system. It’s also isolated that it can only be accessed by light aircraft, and then once you’re there, you can explore the place by foot or boat – which makes the journey more exciting. Of course, there is also the famous Danum Valley, which is recognized as nature lover’s paradise. Aside from having dense jungle foliage, this area is filled with exotic animals and birds. So if you’re an animal lover, or just want to see rare species, this is a perfect place to be. Once you’re there, you can easily spot amazing creatures, including orangutans, gibbons, red leaf monkeys, leopard, and pygmy elephants.
The island is also, of course, surrounded by beautiful bodies of water. Pulau Gaya, which is just 10 minutes off Kota Kinabalu, is well-known for its legendary beach. So if you’d like to swim or do different kinds of water activities, then visit this when you travel Borneo.
In addition to wonderful sceneries, you can also have an opportunity to experience the amazing culture of Asian people here. Borneo’s citizens are somewhat old-fashioned, but they are truly amazing, friendly, kind, and fun to be with.
Fishing – it’s one of our most favorite things to do, especially on weekends and holidays. This is especially true for college students when they need to take a break from study. But just like any other activity, you can only get the most out of your fishing experience if you have the right equipment at hand. And for that, you may want to consider buying a fish finder for your next fishing trip. What is a fish finder?
A fish finder, or also known as a depth finder, is the most important tool for fishermen because it allows them to catch more fish. It has advanced features that enable you to see fish and other objects below the water’s surface. Well, it sounds simple, but there are different types of fish finders, and choosing the right one for you can be difficult without some research. Here, we will help you find that best model for your needs. Typically, there are 3 factors to keep in mind when buying a fish finder. And here are the:
- Model type. With the so many models available in the market, finding the best one can really be difficult. But the selection process would be easier if you will know the type of fish finder you want. There are basically three main model categories for fish finders, and these are: standalone units, GPS combo units, and networked units. Standalone units don’t have integrated GPS, but some models are designed to link to a separate GPS. This type of fish finder is best for fishermen who only fish small lakes and areas that don’t require GPS, as well as for those who are on a limited budget. Standalone units use sonar to view objects underwater, determine water temperature, and measure the depth of the water.
The GPS combo units, as the name implies, have a GPS feature. The best thing about having a GPS capability is it helps the anglers locate hot fishing spots easily without having to “find” fishing spots every time. This is an ideal choice if you fish the high seas, or you’re fishing in a tournament. Last but not the least are the networked units. These are the most advanced of all the three and an ideal choice for fishermen who want to take their fishing experience to the whole new level. It can assimilate all the electronic systems onboard. By just plugging it, you can already access all the data that you need easily and simultaneously. Well, the only downside is they are expensive. But if you’re looking for convenience, they’re definitely the best option.
- The next important thing to keep in mind when buying a fish finder is its power. Well, the general rule of a thumb is the more power, the better your fish finder will perform. So I recommend that you select the unit with the largest power output that you can afford, but of course it is also important to consider the location where you fish. If you only fish shallow water, then only choose the unit with enough power that is appropriate for the job. But if you fish deep water, then obviously, you should get the most powerful unit you can afford.
- The display is also one of the most important factors to consider in choosing a fish finder. Some units have colored monitors, while others have grayscale. The easiest way in order to determine what model to buy is to base it on your budget. Well, of course colored units are much better, but they tend to be more expensive than the gray ones.
Aside from the color, you may also want to consider the size of the unit. While it may be best to get the largest unit you can afford, it’s also crucial to consider your purpose for buying. If you will only use it for relaxing or killing time, then you may want to go for smaller-sized units. But if you’re on a business or on a tournament, that’s the time for you to consider buying the largest one available. When it comes to the quality of the display, it’s always recommended to find a unit with a high pixel count, so you can view the images and information clearly and easily.
So that’s it! If you want more information on how to choose the best fish finder, visit http://www.fishfinderguy.com/.
It is college and that can only mean one thing. If you work hard, that will only justify you partying even harder. Going out with friends, sharing a few drinks, cracking jokes, or just staying back home and playing unimaginably stupid games that you just made up in the last ten minutes. So are you almost done with those last minute term papers, finals and looking forward to partying till dawn? Are you in the mood to throw a party but you feel like there’s no bar or club that you have not been to?
Check out The Yale Nightlife!
They have it all ranging from the best College campus bars to which DJ is currently making waves in the country. The website provides all the necessary information that you are looking for when it comes to either partying out with your friends or if you plan on throwing the craziest party of a lifetime that everyone would talk about even after they graduate. They include lists of campus bars, best bars in the towns and also the kind of food and service one can expect there. They keep in mind that college kids are tight on cash most of the time so they also include the sort of costs that students would have to bear at these places
Spread the Word
The success of a party can be judged by the turnout of people. We would all unanimously agree that the only way to get people to come to a party is by broadcasting about the event. If you are planning to throw the party of all parties; that one party that everyone in your college will rave about even after graduation it will require some serious advertising. That is exactly what the singapore digital agency is offering. Hurrah Productions is one of the leading television commercial and film production houses in Singapore. They are known to come up with innovative concepts, when it comes to their digital content. Their all star client list includes big names such as BBC, Volvo etc. Some of the work displayed on their website just comes to show the level of talent this agency embodies. So leave it up to them to get the word out. You can rest assure that they will not disappoint you.
Why go through all that trouble for one party? College life is that last step we take before we submerge ourselves into the concrete jungle. Nothing beats bumping into that old college mate of yours in the middle of a busy street and reminiscing the old times. Reliving memories of your college days and possibly that one crazy party that you threw or attended with your social peers. All the crazy things that you did. Recollecting how much simpler and care-free life was back then. Memories such as these are what allow us to regret less in the coming days. It helps us appreciate the present and be grateful to the past.
Choosing the right type of life insurance for yourself is very important, and one has to take considerable amount of time to carefully look at all the pros and cons of each type of life insurance before getting one. Some life insurances tend to be more expensive than others, and it might not be very affordable for everyone. One has to find a life insurance that is both affordable and useful, and term life insurance is just that. Term life insurance is the most preferred life insurance by most people as it is both affordable and which provides adequate amount of coverage. Visit http://www.liic.ca/ for more information on other types of insurances as well, and to compare it with the term life insurance.
Requirements of Term life insurance
The cost of your life insurance would generally depend on a few factors. Aside from your age and sex, your health levels are also checked through a physical exam. Those with extremely poor health or those who suffer from life threatening conditions might not even qualify for a life insurance policy. Those who smoke, drink above moderation or those who are obese are also at a risk of either not qualifying for the life insurance, or for a much higher premium. So looking after your health before obtaining a life insurance would most probably be a good idea.
How it works
Any life insurance is a risk protection, and companies would try to reduce their liabilities to a minimum and prefer to give life insurances to those who are younger and healthier. Term life insurance provides protection for a short duration of time at fixed rates. Once that time duration expires, the client has to apply for the term insurance again. If the insurance owner passes away during that specific period of time, the beneficiary (a person chosen by the insurance owner to receive the insurance money after his/her death) will receive the death benefit.
A Few Types of Term Life Insurances
2 of the most common form of term life insurance is the annual renewable term (aka ART) and the level term life insurance. In the ART, a year’s premium is paid with the promise of continuation for up to 10 years and more. Although the cost of the premium increases during every renewal period, the chances of the benefit being paid out also increases a lot, making this a profitable choice. However, in the level term life insurance, the premium paid is the same every year for either 10, 15, 20 or 30 years and eventually the longer the duration drags on, the more expensive the premium becomes.
Getting the right amount of insurance coverage for yourself is important, and since some of them tend to be expensive, most people opt for the common one, term life insurance. With term life insurance one can be insured for a period of 10, 15, 20 or 30 years, and one has to remember that this is just a means of risk protection for your loved ones just in case something happens to you.
It can be amazing when people buy some amp worth $500 and simply go for a substandard amp kit. Later on, they will realize that it will not suffice for their car amps. The truth is, it is not simple to determine if you will need thick or small cable. On the contrary, it is not advisable to set up a 10 gauge amp kit for your 1500 watt amp or a gauge 0 amp for a 250 watt amp.
If it is your car amp and you need to select the best amp kit, it is ideal to make sure that the cable that you will buy is top quality. In the market, there are cheap standard cables to be found. An example is the copper plated platinum. When looking for a good one, the first thing to check is if the cable is free from oxygen, OFC or copper. Ask this information from the seller, when they seem unsure of it, it is an indication for you to buy from someplace else. The usual good quality is advertised like such. On the web, you can also shop for various cables. The thing is, most of such are cheap quality. In addition to cables, wire gauge chart can also be bought both online and from an actual shop.
Another consideration to keep in mind is the insulation thickness of the wire. There are many two sets of the side by side 4 gauge. The one at least have twice cable as opposed to the other one. As for cheap standard cable, it has thick insulation. Hence, it gives the 4 gauge wire look. There is also good quality 8 gauge wire that had more wire than it. Thus, to be careful when shopping for amp kits is very advisable.
There are two factors to consider to properly address as to which is the well suited power wire for the car amps. The first is to determine the system’s total amperage. To know this, all you need is to look at the car amps fuses. It is simple yet should be done carefully because there are times when fuse are replaced with the wrong ones. The amps size fuse takes the amperes. This means that if you use 25A fuse, it also uses 25 amperes. So, if it has three units of 20A fuses, the total amperes is 50.
The second consideration is to know the length of the power cable. To determine this, measure it from the outside of the car starting at the front. This is where the battery can be found and were the car amps are located. Simply add some feet and there you will find the car parts. Usually, the ground wire is not with the same length like the power wire. If you run the power wire, ensure that it will run from the car’s opposite side like the cables of RCA. If not done correctly, it is likely that your engine will have noise coming from the system.
While this site is mainly about fashion tips and styling guidelines for men and women, we thought we would present something new to our readers. There are many young men and women who are known to make money using their sense of style and fashion. Today; there is no dearth of talent in this field and the one thing all top designers have in common is that they all started out small. You might be good at sketching or might have an incredible sense colors, hair styles and makeup. You might even have an inherent sense of what works best for every season. If you think you have these qualities, then a career in fashion and styling may be just perfect for you.
Here are few tips and ideas to help you make money in the field of fashion and style:
Develop your sense of style further
Today, there is a plenty of literature available on this subject. You can browse through online and offline catalogs to get a sense of what’s in vogue. You can even start by designing your own wardrobe so that your friends and family starts to take notice. Once you are famous as a stylish dresser, you might find your friends turning to you for help during their weddings/parties or even to help them shop for clothes. You can slowly build on this reputation.
Style is personal-so you need not follow rules
You could naturally get a degree or a basic diploma in the field of fashion designing or hair and makeup- if you can afford it and have the time. Else you can intern with a local designer or hair/beauty specialist in order to learn the ropes of the trade. Remember that no amount of theoretical learning can beat hands-on learning. In fact; one must not follow rules here; rather break them to make a difference!
Consider opening a small boutique or hairdressing/beauty salon
The fact that this field is much in demand means that you can make a good business out of it. Naturally things depend on how much competition you face in your chosen neighborhood. Many stylists and designers start really small, sometimes even apprenticing with the reputed brands in the beginning. Today; many of these are known to have franchises in all parts of the country and are even outsourcing Payroll services Australia. An initial investment may be necessary but the returns are bound to be awesome.
Think about fashion merchandising
Many people who have a sense of style as well as knack for business can turn to fashion merchandising. In this field, one can work with top designers who wish to get their wares displayed to the public and for this job they are expected to stay abreast of fashion as well as consumer trends. This job requires you to have a head for numbers as well as a sense of style. You will also need thorough knowledge of top brands and strategies for sales and marketing as well as people skills to manage staff and get things done.
Production and manufacturing
This is a field where you’d work at the very basic level including working with textiles and production of the clothes. These days, green and zero-wastage production is very much in. In this concept, one uses eco friendly textile manufacturing processes and also ensures that there is little wastage of yarn and raw materials.
If despite these tips you are feeling confused as to which career to opt for, make sure to read magazines, blogs and industry publications to know what works in the field. That is sure to inspire you!