Student life is wonderful because you are finally able to make your own decisions, do what you want and you no longer have to do everything that adults tell you to do. But a lot of responsibilities also come with your newly found freedom and some of these responsibilities are to keep your dorm clean and fresh and to keep yourself healthy so you can focus better on studies. If you are looking for a way to do all this and more without lifting a finger then you should definitely get an essential oil diffuser.
What are essential oil diffusers?
Essential oil diffusers differentiate quite a lot. You can get a basic diffuser that only diffuses essential oils or you can get the best essential oil diffusers that can diffuse essential oils while it humidifies your apartment or dorm. To find the best essential oil diffusers for your unique needs you might have to do a bit of research before purchasing so you don’t end up disappointed.
How diffusers will spice up your dorm
The diffusers functions by diffusing great smelling essential oils into the air. When these aromas are diffused into the air your apartment and all of your curtains and linen start to smell fantastic. The humidification also improves general health in your dorm since it prevents allergies, fights off asthma, keeps bacteria from building in your dorm and eliminates mosquitos. When your dorm smells better you can focus and live easier and all of your friends will love to visit you.
Improved studying with essential oil diffusers
Essential oils relieve stress, depression and anxiety, all of which can affect your studies. It also helps you sleep better when you take a break from studying and promotes brain function which improves your ability to remember and learn.
Better health with essential oil diffusers
Essential oils are also great for improving general health. When you stress less you are less depressed which improves your immune system. The essential oils and humidified air also improves general health since you are less likely to get asthma or allergies and the oils create an anti-viral environment which prevents the spread of diseases.
Where to shop the cheapest diffusers
Diffusers are commonly found on the internet and there are a lot of different models, brands and sizes. It can be tough for you to determine which diffusers are the best for your dorm. You can have a look at http://purifieradvisors.com/ to learn more about the benefits of diffusers and to have a look at some of the best diffusers that are currently on the market. The reviews on the site are perfect for guiding you towards the best and most affordable diffusers.
Which essential oils are best for students?
Different essential oils have different effects on your body. If you need something to wake you up you should try lemon essential oils. Lavender essential oils are great for getting better sleep and for keeping you calm and relaxed.
You know that you are away from your home but it does not mean that you cannot make your dorm room smell amazing. It can be hard if you have a roommate who does not care about how her side of the room smells and looks but at least, you can always change your side of the room to help it reflect your personality.
You may be tempted to purchase conventional air fresheners that can be purchased from different stores because the moment that you open them, your dorm room will start smelling good but are you aware that these air fresheners are full of chemicals that can harm you in the long run? You can always search for most effective air purifiers but there are still other natural ways that you can do to keep your side of the room fresh and comfortable.
Here are just a few of the things that you can do:
- Make sure that you will find time to clean your room.
Whenever you open your room, do not forget to open your windows so that you can let the natural air go inside your room. Natural air as well as sunlight can naturally kill some bacteria that may have gotten stuck in your room. You will also let the toxins inside your room go out.
- Keep your bed clean.
This is the place where you would usually hang out and rest. If in case you have not washed your sheets yet, remember that you should do it once a week. Do not forget your pillow cases too. At times, you may have to air out your mattress and your pillows to get rid of any unwanted smell and bad bacteria that may be lurking in your bed.
- Wipe your desk and different surfaces.
There are a lot of supplies that you can use to clean but these may also be full of chemicals and other ingredients that will not be too good for your home. In order to make your own cleaner, you can use white vinegar, water and olive oil. Remember that this will depend on the type of surface that you are going to clean. If you have some antiques inside your room, you may need to use special cleaning supplies to clean the surfaces effectively.
- Avoid smoking inside your room.
You are not recommended to smoke. Some universities and colleges have rules against their students who smoke. Even if you try to get away from it from time to time, you are still not recommended to smoke inside your room especially if you aspire to make it smell fresh.
- Remove your trash immediately.
There will be days when you just want to rest inside your dorm room and relax. You may eat chips and a lot of other snacks. Always keep your trash can empty. If you have accumulated trash inside your room, dispose of the trash properly. Spray some lemon and water on the trash can too to get rid of toxins and the awful smell.
The things that you can do in order to keep your dorm room smelling fresh is very easy. Try out these different methods now.
While spending a night enjoy the many bars and clubs the city has to offer is great, sometimes you aren’t ready for the party to end at closing time. Instead of everyone going their own way, consider setting up your home to host an after party. Not only can you keep the fun going, but you can do it safely from your own place. If the idea of hosting an after party sounds fun to you, here are some steps to help you get ready.
Clean and Declutter
Before hosting any party, cleaning and decluttering are necessities. Start at the top, and work your way down, by dusting and wiping down all of your surface first, and then taking care of your floor. As you manage your tabletops and shelves, take any excess items, especially breakable ones or those with notable monetary value, and secure them elsewhere. This can help prevent accidentally damage should the party get a bit rowdy.
Once that is complete, handle all of your floors. You can break out your Rainbow vacuum and steam mop, and go over every floor that will be used by those attending your gathering. This way, you know that everything started clean and well put together, and can make any after party cleaning less of a chore.
Food and Drink
Decide ahead of time what you, as the host, will provide, and what attendees will need to bring. At a minimum, cover a few basics. Have a selection of simple finger foods and provide access to a few non-alcoholic beverages, especially water. If you want to go beyond that, you certainly can, but these few things should be considered a requirement for the host.
If you are going to have other attendees provide anything specific, see what can be handled prior to the actual party. For example, maybe it would be wise to have the night start at your home. Then, everyone can drop off what they are bringing to the party before the festivities begin. That way, as soon as you are done with your night on the town, you can come back to an after party that is already ready to go.
Fun and Games
Whether it is a simple music playlist, or an array of activities, having a plan to keep the vibe of the party right is a key to its success. Sometimes, a simple Bluetooth speaker and internet radio is all you need. If you want to encourage more socializing, keep the volume lower. This allows it to sit in the background without requiring people to yell over it to have a conversation. However, if you want to keep the attendees dancing, then you may want to increase the volume a bit.
If you think adding some games would be fun, you don’t have to default to drinking games. There are a wide range of party games that are suitable for adults that don’t require participants to drink at the drop of a hat. With that being said, that doesn’t mean you can’t include classics like beer-pong, but it isn’t a requirement.
Respect Your Neighbors
Unless you live in a detached home with no neighbors in sight, it is important to keep the party reasonable for your location. Having a late party in an apartment requires much more care when it comes to volume. Try to be respectful, or you may find yourself on the receiving end of a noise complaint.
Starting out on college or university is exciting, terrifying and sad all at the same time. You are super excited to take on a new challenge, make new friends and start out on your adult life. You are terrified of not fitting in or of failing your studies and you are sad to leave behind your family, old bedroom and especially to have to say goodbye to a lot of high school friends. But giving up things and moving on is just part of life. All you can do now is to make the best out of every situation and the best way to make the best out of your new tiny dorm space is to get it spring cleaned before moving in.
Why you should spring clean before moving in
A lot of students have probably lived in that very same space before you got there and you never know just how messy, sick, diseased or naughty these previous individuals might have been. Most students are young, wild and so not in the mood for cleaning. The chances are good that your dorm might have just been cleaned on the surface for decades. This means that there might be a lot of germs nesting in the carpets, the showers and even in the grout of your tiles. There could even be a terrible disease luring in the cracks of your shower or on the sofas. You should definitely get your apartment spring cleaned before moving in so you can be protected against these germs and bacteria and focus well on your studies.
Clean those carpets
Carpets and rugs are often the dirtiest things in a dorm / apartment simply because they are so hard to clean. There is also no way you can clean them without the proper tools and these tools are incredibly expensive. Carpet cleaners in Sunshine Coast can get all of your carpets spring cleaned in no time at all and at a fraction of the cost of cleaning them yourself. They will ensure that all germs, diseases and bacteria luring in the carpets get destroyed and their supreme cleaning services will give your carpets new life.
Clean the upholstery
If you have a furnished dorm then you should get the upholstery cleaned properly as well. Most carpet cleaning services can do this for you as well since their carpet cleaners can be used on most upholstery furniture as well.
Tile and grout cleaning
The grout between tiles can host diseases. Your tiles should be cleaned with proper chemicals and with a pressure washer. By cleaning the grout properly your apartment will look fresher and new.
Get a new mattress
Mattress cleaning is hard work and often not worth the effort. It might be wise to invest in a new health mattress so you don’t end up with any skin conditions and so you can enjoy better nights rest while you are studying.
Spring clean the oven
Most kitchens are relatively cleaned but the oven and microwave oven is often overlooked. Before you cook a meal you should definitely apply some elbow grease and remove all old food and bacteria from the oven.
It is a common thought that spending time at college or university is a fun and adventurous time in everyone’s life. That does not mean that students go about their daily business without having to face trials and tribulations of their own. There are many things that make a student’s experience a bit more trying and difficult. Some of the issues that we are going to mention can be controlled and avoided but it would most certainly take some commitment from the student. Here are a few common problems that students face during their study time.
This is probably one of the most common and unavoidable problem that students have to face. Not everyone has the benefit of scholarships or fully paid studies which means that students might end up making a loan which can end up costing them a fortune when it is time for repayment. This is a common and real issue that students are faced with and might make their studies a bit more strenuous.
Studying is challenging and it is hard to manage your time correctly. It seems like quite an adjustment to students to fit their studies and projects in as the workload in comparison to regular school is much more. There are some fantastic websites that offer great advice on time management for students. Click here for more info.
This is a present and problematic issue for students. Everyone will feel a bit abandoned and home sick after taking the step to their future and staying on their own for the first time. There are a few ways to make this a bit more bearable for example mom’s home-baked cookies and your favorite blanket and pillows. It is important to realize that for your first couple of months you will miss the comforts of home, everyone does.
Being on your own for the first time, attending wild parties and letting lose might get you on the wrong side of the tracks. There is always the risk of driving under the influence of alcohol. In this event you can take a look at www.formerdistrictattorneys.com for free legal advice. This is a great opportunity to confirm if you were in the wrong and if you should get legal representation. There might be a lot of temptation present as you start your life, do the right thing.
It is statistically proven that many students suffer from depression because of a combination of issues like feeling homesick, struggling with time management and money. This step is almost your first step into the adult world and will prove to be rather challenging. The best way to combat depression during studies is to surround yourself with a support system and to realize that you shouldn’t stretch yourself too thin. Take time to plan things accordingly and arrange everything a little better. It is okay to ask for help if you are finding your feet at college or university. For more information on depression at college or university click here.
Not every college student is on their own. Depending on how life unfolded, it may not be uncommon to see students who are also parents attending classes. While it can seem that enjoying the nightlife in a college town is not an option for a busy parent who is also focused on their studies, there are ways to enjoy the college experience without having to sacrifice your family life as well. Even if you spend your weekends caring a Demarini Vexxum for your kid’s Little League games, you can still take the time to cut loose too.
Make Connections with Multiple Babysitters
One of the main reasons parents may miss out on spontaneous social opportunities is that it can be difficult to find childcare at the last minute. While you may not always be able to find someone available at the drop of a hat, having a working relationship with multiple babysitters can give you more options. Additionally, if you have gone out of your way to make sure your babysitter is happy with your usual arrangement, they may be more likely to be flexible from time to time and take a last second job.
If you still have trouble finding a sitter, consider using an online service to locate babysitters who are available immediately. Many of these websites allow you to read reviews on potential babysitters, and often require sitters to pass a background check before being listed. In fact, you may even be able to locate a fellow college student who is studying childhood development, education, or various healthcare specialties. Not only can their babysitting experience help them further their careers by building positive references, it also means that they can bring in a skillset you may not find in your everyday babysitter.
Find Other Parents
No one understands the demands of being a college student and a parent like other parents who are currently pursuing their education. Some estimates suggest that as many as 4.8 million college students are currently raising children.
Since you will be socializing with a group who understands the demands of your parenting-based lifestyle, they may be more likely to coordinate outings in advance. For example, while you may not be able to just run out to a club with an hour notice, you make all be able to plan and trip out a week or two in advance, allowing everyone to find a sitter or other suitable childcare. If you all live nearby, you may be able to save on childcare costs by having a single sitter watch their children from more than one family.
Other parents may also be more understanding if you have to duck out early because of your kids. They will know that you children come first, and will generally be understanding should an emergency arise. In fact, other parents may be more willing to have outings be earlier in the day so that everyone can get home in time to put the kids to sleep.
Parents of older children may even have a child at an appropriate babysitting age. This can help make sure that your kids are being watched by a person you are familiar with, and in an environment in which they will be comfortable. While this may not always work for a last minute invitation for everyone, it may provide an option that can be more easily relied on.
Listen, there will be no better time in your life to explore the world than during your college years. If you don’t take these opportunities while you are young and seemingly free, you will probably have a mass of regrets as a forty something. Believe us, we write from experience. So, when it comes to traveling in college, the main thing is learning the tricks necessary to acquire inexpensive travel. That’s why we’re here.
The world has gotten a little crazy, well maybe a lot crazy, over the past few years so some travel rules and regulations have changed. Before you think about preparing to take some time abroad, ensure that you have a TSA approved laptop bag. You will want to be able to access email and other potential school related things while away. Having your laptop with you is pretty important.
5 Tips for Cheap College Student Travel
It won’t matter when you plan to travel if you don’t take the time to follow these guidelines. The thing about finding cheap travel is planning ahead. These tips should help you access some pretty great deals and be able to travel to exotic places your parents wish they’d visited when they were your age. Take these 5 tips to heart:
- Research- You are in college so research should be a fairly common state of operations for you. Planning where you will travel is no different. With a little research you can determine when the cheapest time to fly will be, which days make for shorter delays and less costly tickets, etc. There are a number of travel deal apps available that will keep you abreast of pricing changes. You might even get a great deal on a flash sale if you are linked in to these apps. Learn more.
- Flexibility– The more readily available you are, the better your chances of scoring a cheap rate. If you only have a locked in time for travel then you will have to bow down to the rates that apply during that frame. However, if you can be flexible, you will stand a much better chance of saving money. Just keep up with your school work so that when an opportunity arises you will be able to take it.
- All Options– Don’t think your travel plans have to be solely attached to airplanes. You probably haven’t seen all the great things your own country has to offer, let alone the world. Take a chance on a train or a great rental car deal. You are in college, what’s stopping you from grabbing hold of every chance that comes your way? Read this.
- Friends– Travel is often better when you do it with friends. Get a group of your dearest and nearest to determine to hit the roads, skies, and tracks together. Make memories and take lots of pictures. Since you’ll have your laptop with you there shouldn’t be a problem posting everything to social media.
- Scholarship– If you don’t think you will be able to afford traveling the country, or the world, and then apply for scholarships. If you get one you will be able to study abroad as if you were still in your own dorm. What have you got to lose? Find more information here.
Seriously, there’s nothing better than college except finding inexpensive ways to travel while you’re there.
You are closing in on the end of your college career and while it has been a most memorable experience, it is time to start “adulting.” This means you are going to have to find a new place to live. You won’t have the luxury of the dorms and you probably aren’t eager to move back in with your parents. So, why not consider buying a house?
Buying a house can be more daunting than final exams and dissertations. There is no doubt about that. But, if you are prepared to take the first steps toward making a real home for yourself, the suggestions in this article should be of great assistance. But before you move in that direction, you will need to consider these things:
- Are you prepared to make mortgage payments?
- What kind of house will you be looking for?
- Can you handle one that needs roof repair in Irving, TX?
- Is a fixer-upper ok?
Once you know what you are after, and how much work you are prepared to do, the suggestions that follow will get you well on your way to buying your first home!
7 Suggestions for Buying a House after College
If you are truly ready to take the plunge, to sign on to the next biggest investment of your life, after your college degree, you will need to learn a few things. Buying a house doesn’t have to be as scary as the GRE. In fact, here are 7 suggestions to help you on this voyage:
- Credit Score– This plays a huge part in your ability to buy a house. You need to check your score so that you know where you will stand in the eyes of the lenders. If there is things that need to be rectified, start working on them now, before you graduate, so that you will be ready to go when you cross that stage. You can learn more about boosting your credit score here.
- Budget– Lenders tell you that you can spend a maximum of 30% of your gross income on your mortgage and other related fees. However, you need to take a look at your own finances and prepare a budget that feels right for you. There is no reason to overextend your ability.
- Save– It is time to put that credit card away and start saving versus spending. Buying a house isn’t cheap and if you are going to go for one that needs repairs, like the roof, you will definitely need some money set aside to get those things accomplished. And, the more money you can put down on a home the less your mortgage will be. Learn more.
- Professionals– Choose a lender and a reputable realtor. You might want to do that in reverse order as the realtor might know a good broker to help you through the process. But, pick a realtor that has been recommended to you and is trusted by someone you trust.
- Priorities– Determine what is the most important to you, the neighborhood, the size of the property, or the style of the home. This will help you narrow down your options.
- Offer– Once you have chosen the house you want, make a reasonable offer. Don’t just give them what they are asking. Try to bargain.
- Close– If they accept, and then you’ll be ready to close the deal and get the keys to your new home.
More suggestions for first time home buyers can be found here.
With exams drawing nearer, you ought to consider how to show signs of improvement at time management and sort out your days so you can strike the right harmony between home, work and college life.
By taking an ideal opportunity to orchestrate your needs, you can give yourself the most obvious opportunity with regards to remaining focused and sorted out amid the exam time frame, which can in turn diminish stress levels, something that can be the contrast amongst achievement and disappointment at college.
Check out these time management tips, with the goal that you can do your best at college furthermore discover time to relax and even earn some money on the side. Being a student who works alongside to make some cash can be a tiresome thing to do, but always be mindful towards what your job has to offer. Check out http://workers-comp-attorney-los-angeles.com/ for more information regarding worker’s compensation.
1) What do you need to do?
The principal phase of enhancing your time management is to list completely everything that you need to do. This may sound self-evident, however talking as a matter of fact, most students tend to leave imperative undertakings until the latest possible time, which can effect on the nature of their work and their general evaluation.
Incorporate any college due dates and in addition any movements you chip away at the rundown, and make a note of the amount of time every task will remove from your calendar.
2) Create a schedule
Whether it’s a pin-up organizer, a timetable or a schedule on your telephone, discover a sorting out apparatus that functions admirably for you and add your rundown of needs to it. Additionally, consider when you are most ready, with the goal that you can arrange your study periods around these circumstances.
Discover time for socializing, additionally ensure that you get enough rest. An average person needs between 7 to 8 hours sleep each night to stay engaged and active during study periods.
3) Be adaptable however sensible
Regularly, permit around 8-10 hours a day for working, concentrating on, mingling and whatever else useful you have to do.
As a full-time student, you’re required to commit 35 hours a week to college matters, including the time you spend in workshops and seminars. In the event that you just burn through 15 hours a week going to tutor-led learning, you ought to utilize the additional 20 hours for free study.
It’s likewise critical to remember that things frequently take longer than anticipated. In this way, permit somewhat additional time in the event that you spend longer on an assignment than you suspected you would.
4) Allow time for wanting to maintain a strategic distance from repetition
Taking an ideal opportunity to research, plan and consider your work is significant for good time management. Permit yourself an ideal opportunity to prepare new data and plan how you are going to utilize it, as this can help you to abstain from having to re-read and repeat any exploration.
One method for successfully arranging before examining is to make a rundown of all that you need to accomplish, with the goal that you can make notes underneath every subheading as you go.
5) Avoid distraction and procrastination
One approach to evade stalling is to consider the better places you have been when concentrating on – where were you the most engaged? Where were you generally diverted?
Keep in mind, what works for one individual may not as a matter of course work for you. For a few, working in groups can have a negative impact on their work productivity. Yet, for others, contemplating in gatherings can build inspiration and keep away from distractions.
College is an incredible time in your life where you will meet amazing people. There will be people from around the world on your campus any given day of the week. This opens the door to some fantastic dating opportunities. But, you should probably prepare yourself for the realities of college dating.
While some self-professed dating gurus can offer advice for getting women (or getting men for that matter) you should probably read the tao of badass review for a more accurate assessment. Like most relational aspects of life, these things are best learned through experience.
So what are the facts?
- More Women- Ladies, this is possibly rough news for you, but women make up 56% of the college population. Men have more options and you have more competition. It’s rough.
- Virgins- Believe it or not, but not everyone in college is sleeping around. In fact, research says that 25% of college seniors have maintained their celibacy. This is a challenging feat, just ask Olympic athlete, Lolo Jones (read her story here).
- Long Distance- Some people go away to college but retain their hometown romances. In fact, a surprisingly large percentage (32.5%) of college age relationships are considered long distance. It is sometimes hard to let go of those high school romances.
- Spousal Hopes- That old adage about women going to college to get their MRS degrees, is still pretty accurate. In truth, 63% of ladies in college are hoping to meet their spouses while they are there. That means only 2 out of 5 are not trying to get the ring while they earn the real college degrees.
- One Night Stands- This statistic is quite sad. The concept of a one night stand is probably a huge contributor to the fact that 1 in 4 college students has an STD. That makes sense when statistics indicate that 72% of college seniors admit to having participated in a one night stand.
- The Shocker- And not that repulsive sexual imagery one either. No, the real shocker is that a third of college seniors say they have been on less than two dates in the four years they’ve been in college. So, don’t get too bummed if all the “hangin’ out” you do never amounts to dates and flowers. You’re just part of the minimal dating club.
- Cheating- A big factor in college break-ups is contributed to cheating. To learn more about the negative effects of cheating in relationships click this.
- Casual- Studies show that short term relationships are preferred by college students because they allow for greater focus on studies and other academic endeavors. This fact is problematic for the 63% of women hoping to find their spouses in college.
- Vacation- An amusing truth here, is that a majority of college relationships break up whenever a scheduled vacation occurs. So spring breaks, winter holidays and summers equate with higher break up percentages. This probably adds to that one night stand statistic as people breaking up over vacations are probably doing so in hopes of finding someone more interesting while apart.
While college will probably prove to be some of the best years of your life, it can also be completely and utterly life-altering if you choose to participate in sexual activities. Don’t become part of the statistics. Stay abstinent. Learn more here.