Several students in a college life do not find enough time to relax. Everything has deadlines, and before you know it, these deadlines start to dictate everything you do. However, if you are strong willed and you know you cannot let deadlines take over your youth, you will get a good amount of free time to spend doing what you want. Research shows numerous students ignore their health, and eventually, they require to take medicines to keep up with the hectic routines. Read on, and you will see how to keep yourself fit while living on a university campus:
- Take An Eating Break
As busy as your schedule is, or as tight as your classes are, you have to take time out for food. By that does not mean you grab a quick bite and eat it on your way to class. You should sit down either alone or with a group of friends and eat a proper meal at least twice a day. You can do this either in the morning when you wake up and have to have breakfast or midday when it is lunchtime or at night when you are done with your classes and need to relax. You can pick any time that suits you. Moreover, it is observed many students do not get a chance to cook food on campus by themselves, so they have to eat from the cafeteria. That is acceptable as long as you are eating a proper meal.
- Personal Hygiene
A vital part of staying fit and healthy is done by taking care of your hygiene. Personal hygiene includes little things like taking a shower regularly, changing your bed sheets every once a week, keeping your dorm room tidy, et cetera. These things would keep you fresh, and cleanliness allows the brain to function more clearly. Make a habit of doing these little chores every day.
When you divide the tasks and spend just 15-20 minutes on these things, the difference can be quite noticeable. Do not ignore the basics like brushing teeth before going to bed and combing your hair every day. They all come under personal hygiene.
- Install Pull Up Bars In Your Dorm Room
Pull up bars are an excellent equipment for strengthening your upper body and for keeping your muscles healthy. The best pull up bars can be installed anywhere in your dorm room very easily. They are easy to handle and are portable so can be shifted from one place to another. Various companies that manufacture pull up bars do take into account their price range as they know the customers are mostly young individuals. However, if you still find them expensive, you and your roommate can divide the money and get these. In this way, you both can use this equipment and stay fit. There are different categories of pull up bars depending on your weight, size, and need. If you are just commencing, you should consult a gym trainer who can guide you about the bar that suits you best. You can also visit wepullup.com to get to know about the best pull up bars.
- Follow A Routine
This might be the toughest point, but following a routine assist you to stay on top of your game. Your body would not overexert itself and will remain healthy. It does not mean you should not have fun or that weekends are not for attending parties instead you should set some limits/boundaries and stick to these to attain your health goals.
The freshman fifteen would appear to be the inevitable condition of the majority of people attending college. But, what if that old adage could be reversed. What if you chose to change the freshman fifteen to a fit fifteen. Now, that doesn’t mean an extra fifteen pounds. Instead, it means you allot 3 fifteen minute intervals throughout your day to invest in staying fit.
Having been there and done that college thing, with the extra weight to prove it, we would like to offer you the ability to benefit from our lessons learned. We feel pretty confident that you can convince your parents to get you one of the better dumbbell sets if you let them know your intentions to stay physically fit. Besides, you can use them to do curls while you study. Think about that!
Tips for Staying Fit in College
Attending college is part of your life agenda. You have chosen to pursue higher education because there’s a dream career waiting at the other end of that degree. Or at least that is the idea. But, before you can get there, you will need to invest lots of time and energy in study. While focusing all your mental fortitude on making the grade is certainly advantageous, there are other avenues of life that will need your attention as well.
Since we are certain you want to leave college better off than you entered it, it seems prudent to advise you to view that as a whole body endeavor. Take this time to become the best you, academically and physically, you can be. There’s no better time than now to get in shape intellectually and bodily. So, here are tips for achieving that position:
- Make a Plan– In the beginning of this piece we suggested that you set aside a total of 45 mins each day for the purpose of acquiring improved physical fitness. It seems far easier to do this in 15 minute sections because you will need to attend classes, eat, hang out with friends, and study as well. So, schedule these exercise sessions accordingly, but schedule them or else you will never do it. Here are some great apps to help you with the process.
- Utilize the Gym– Most colleges give their student’s access to a gym. This means you have all kinds of expensive exercise equipment at your disposal if you will just take the time to go use it. So, figure out when the gym is the least crowded and then make that time frame part of the schedule we just discussed. When there are less people there you will get more accomplished.
- Join a Team- College is prime time for intramural sports. There is no better experience than playing softball, flag football, or competitive Frisbee with your friends. These opportunities will help you train, they will keep you active, and you will have a lot of fun on the field.
- The 99 Workout– You will have to build up to the ability to actually do all this, but it’s a great place to start and it doesn’t require you to have any special equipment. Read this to learn more about it.
- Eat Right– This is our final tip but it is wholly relevant. It is easy to succumb to the freshman fifteen when you eat a lot of pizza and drink too much beer. Keep an eye on your food choices. Make good ones! Learn more.
You can go for the fit fifteen and prove that college really does incorporate the best years of your life.