College is a time of growth and discovery. It is a time to dig deeper into who you want to be and what you want to do with your life. Sometimes that means walking away from people and things that are bad for you and embracing those things that will drastically alter the course of your life. Whatever you might be facing in college, we are certain there was a movie made about some aspect of the issue. That’s why we are presenting to you the best college movies of all time.
Some of these might even be Netflix movies. The link that’s attached there can take you to a site that will allow you to look for your favorite college, and other genre, movies. You will be able to ascertain which ones you can watch for free with your Netflix subscription and which ones you will have to purchase. So without further ado, let’s see which college movies you should begin searching for.
15 Great College Movies You Need to See
Most of the movies on this list will be humorous, as college seems to be a time of laughter. After all, when else will you consider attending a Toga party, or racing cockroaches (read this)? You probably won’t have another time in life playing competitive Frisbee, either. So, while you are enjoying your college years, you might want to take a break from studying and partying and consider these 15 great college movies you need to see:
- With Honors– Brendan Fraser gets duped by Joe Pesci (a homeless man) in this intense film.
- Drumline– You can’t mess with the band geeks in this movie.
- Accepted- Well, this guy creates his own college, but after some of your exam grades, you might have considered doing the same.
- Mona Lisa Smile– College isn’t just for your “Mrs.” degree according to Julia Roberts.
- Love Story– This is an oldie, but it shows that all kinds of people go to college. And sometimes, they fall in love.
- Wonder Boys– There are big names in this movie: Michael Douglas, Katie Holmes & Tobey Maguire. That might make it worthy of your time.
- The Waterboy– We would be remiss if we didn’t add this comedic break. If the waterboy can get a scholarship to play football, there’s hope for anyone.
- 21- Perhaps this movie is representative of the darker side of college life.
- Elmo’s Fire-An oldie but a goodie with Demi Moore, Rob Lowe, Ally Sheedy, Judd Nelson, Emilio Estevez, and the rest of the gang. Read more.
- Real Genius– College students inventing high powered lasers is a pretty cool basis for a movie.
- National Lampoon’s Van Wilder– If you have spent more than your 4 years in undergrad, you can probably appreciate this movie. However, one day you will have to grow up.
- The Paper Chase– No carousing with the professors. But what about the professor’s daughter?
- A Beautiful Mind– The story of John Nash is revealed in this film.
- Legally Blonde– Reese Witherspoon. Need we say more?
- Back to School- This wouldn’t be a proper list if Rodney Dangerfiled didn’t make an appearance.
Once you are done with those movies, you can always take a gander at this list too.