Even students need to have good looking hair, and that is why in this article, we are going to look at some tips for straightening hair with a flat iron. We will also review the BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium.
Get the Start Right
Always start when the iron is fully hot and the hair tong at the right temperature. If these rules are not adhered to, the hair will curl up again after a short while.
Clean It to Maintain It
The flat iron should be clean and well maintained. Dirt tends to affect the heat and reduces the performance of the iron. A dirty rod will bring dust, grime and grease into the hair, easing the damage process. There is also the risk of hair clumping together. Make sure that the hair is cleaned thoroughly before using the iron.
Comb It Right
The hair should be combed and brushed well before using the iron, and in the event that the hair is extra curly, one would have to comb during the straightening so that it gets the shape and holds for longer.
Always Start Backwards
It is best to always start at the back of the head, moving towards the front progressively such that the hair in the front is the last to be straightened. This is something that is done by most professionals and an excellent tip.
One Inch at A Time
When straightening hair, it is divided into different sections to make it easier. When straightening, go for one inch sections at a time, ironing it well. The process can be slow but that will let you know that you have nice long lasting straight hair.
Those are some of the best tips. Remember to always use a hydrating shampoo and conditioner for your hair if you use the flat iron every day, and don’t forget to use a heat protectant.
BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Review
Nano Titanium is an exceptional heat conductor. It maintains consistent, high temperatures while emitting negative ions in their most beneficial form. Which means faster straightening and hair’s natural moisture sealed into smooth hair shafts. You’ll love this iron’s ultra-thin design and extra-long plates that cut straightening time in half. Straighten wide sections of hair with the iron’s extra-long plates, while reaching roots with ease. Nano Titanium yields maximum far-infrared heat, penetrating the hair from within for gentle straightening without damaging hair. It has heat retention, weight and smoothness that help reduce time and fatigue. The ultra-thin profile of these high-tech irons makes them exceptionally lightweight and easy to use, with housing made of Ryton to resist high heat.
You’ll love this iron’s ultra-thin design and extra-long plates that cut straightening time in half. Straighten wide sections of hair with the iron’s extra-long plates, while reaching roots with ease.
Sleek, soft metallic-toned Ryton housings withstand ultra-high temperatures, and the well-balanced, ergonomic design ensures sustained comfort while styling. The extra smooth titanium plates allow the iron to glide through the hair without pulling.
- Ultra-smooth titanium plates conduct ultra-high heat and resist corrosion
- Ceramic heater instant heat & recovery
- 5″ extended plate for faster straightening
- 50 heat settings – up to 450°F
- Slim design and ultra-lightweight for maximum comfort
- Ryton housing resists ultra-high heat
If you are looking for the ultimate flat iron for your hair, the BaBylissPro Nano is the ultimate tool for you. Despite a few negative reviews, most of the reviews are positive. The negative reviews look like they are from people that don’t really understand how to use the iron and don’t fully understand every feature of the iron. I would highly recommend it to anyone.
There has been a lot of talk about how stress can make someone’s hair go gray or cause people to lose hair. This is particularly true among adult students who are typically under a great amount of stress. As we all probably know, many students today are suffering from hair loss – not just the women, but even the men as well. And many of them believe that one of the main culprits of losing hair is stress. But can stress really cause hair fall?
While there may not be that much evidence showing the effects of stress on hair, experts believe that stress and hair loss can be related. When someone is under stress, certain hormones are released that can shorten the life of hair follicles leading to hair thinning. But keep in mind that there are different types of stress causing hair loss. These can include:
- Emotional stress – The type of stress that students may feel due to exams, relationship problems, or work.
- Physical stress – The type of stress that students may experience because of physical activities, such as travel, inadequate amount of sleep, or long study hours.
- Medical Stress – The type of stress that students may have after surgery, illness, or medication.
Any stress or trauma can disrupt the hair cycle and cause hair fall. But the great thing is that not all types of hair loss are permanent. In fact, some types of hair loss are just temporary, that you don’t even have to treat them to restore your hair and prevent further hair fall, such as telogen effluvium. This type of hair loss typically occurs about 1-3 months after childbirth or major operation. During this phase, the growth of hair is interrupted or stopped, then some hair strands start to fall out. But once the stressful event is over, the hair starts to re-grow and return to normal.
But keep in mind that even though some types of hair loss are self-limiting and don’t require any treatment, it is still important that you take care of yourself to keep your hair look better and healthier. The following are some tips to help your hair get back to its normal cycle, as well as maintain its health:
- Exercise. This doesn’t necessarily mean going to gym or lifting some weights, but at least try to become active. It’s better if you do things that you enjoy, such as swimming, running, biking, or playing tennis. This will help you feel more relaxed.
- Follow a healthy diet plan. Eating healthy foods not just gives you more energy, which enables you to handle stress; it also provides you vitamins and essential nutrients that are great for your hair and body’s health.
- Avoid harsh hair products. Shampoos and other hair products that contain harmful chemicals can also lead to hair loss. To avoid further hair loss, use products that contain natural ingredients, such as Nioxin shampoo. (Visit the Hold the Hairline for more information and review of Nioxin shampoo.)
Hair loss doesn’t have to be permanent. If you follow a healthy lifestyle and get your stress under control, your hair will eventually get back to its natural growth process. But of course, it’s still important to talk to your doctor if you notice sudden hair loss or more hair loss than usual.