Buying a new and expensive car isn’t a piece of cake. Various folks can’t afford to spend a lot of money. However, virtually everyone requires a car. The best option in such circumstances is buying the used car as it is less expensive and can allow you to stay in your budget.
Everything embraces a sunny and a dark side. It is a misconception among students that used things are of poor quality. That’s why they are advised to spend more money and opt for a new one. These are all fallacies. All you have to do is just be careful before finalizing it.
Here are a few advises every student must review before buying the used car:
- Check the condition of the Car:
The very first thing you must look for is the condition of the car. No one wants to purchase a car that is rusty or broken and spend money on its repair. Therefore check the exterior and interior of a car thoroughly so that you don’t have to face problems later on.
- Always go for Test Drive
When you buy clothes, you always try them beforehand to check whether they suit or not. Same is the case with cars. Whenever you look for a used car, always take a test drive to check its functioning. Doing so will help you in analyzing that if the brakes are fit and can respond to the sharp turns smoothly or not? Moreover, it gives you an idea about the performance of the engine and how much oil it consumes per kilometer.
- Inspect a car with the help of your Mechanic:
A student doesn’t have an idea about the minor details of the cars. You can only check the main things like color and condition, but a mechanic knows everything. When you take a mechanic with you to inspect the car, he finds out about the hidden problems. Not only this, but you know about the actual worth of the car. There are numerous cases when folks purchase something expensive that is not even worth spending so much money. To avoid losing huge bucks, it is always better to get the assistance of a professional auto mechanic.
- Research about the Make and Model:
When you are looking to purchase a car, always do a little research about its model. It is vital because doing that would help you get to know how old the car is and what’s the actual market price of the brand new car. In addition to that, it helps you in negotiating the price, and you won’t be fooled by the scammers.
- Check the Registration Papers:
Before buying the car always ensure that the car is registered under your government. Sometimes the second-hand cars are the stolen ones that are illegal for the owner to have. To avoid the clashes in future always check the registration papers and make certain that if they are original or not.
- Look for pre-owned cars:
Looking out for certified pre-owned cars comes handy for you. For it can offer you a warranty of the quality of the vehicle. When you purchase these cars, the dealers offer you quality assurance and warranty.
- Check the Reviews and Dealers reputation:
The best way to buy a car from a dealer is to check the reviews and feedbacks of his other clients. Carvision is the best place to look for the trusted dealers. It is an online platform that provides you the buying, selling and trade services. Furthermore, they have the customers’ reviews on their site which help the new audience to go for the best dealer. Carvision have experienced and trustworthy sellers, so you won’t have to worry about finding the good one. Check the reviews of certain clients and go for one which you find right. Contacting them will not be an issue since there is already complete information about them on their site.
Heading off to college is an exciting moment in the life of a young person. However, there are a number of concerns for parents. Many parents ascribe to the “buy your own car” mentality, and we certainly support that. However, it’s important to help your kids pick the best cars for college students before they leave home. You want to ensure that they’ve got a car they can afford and that will keep them safe.
We suggest looking at your options via Car Vision. They have a large selection of used vehicles at reasonable prices. College students will want to pick one of the cars on our list to be confident that they are heading off to college with a peach not a lemon. The experts at Car Vision can help your children make an informed choice before they move on to make even greater life lasting decisions at college.
Top Seven Used Cars for College Students
If you are interested, you can do a quick search for the top seven used cars for college students, or you can trust our list. We utilized Edmunds, which happens to be a well-respected source for used and new car information. Hopefully this list will help you and your soon to be college student narrow down the options and pick something that will last the next four years and beyond.
- Mazda 3 (2008)- You can get this in a hatchback or sedan version. Both options are very versatile and will offer plenty of space for hauling groceries and all the necessities to move into the dormitories on campus.
- Kia Soul (2013)- The Kia Soul is exceptionally inexpensive when purchased in a used state. They offer abundant features, style, and functionality necessary for leaving home. Since the back seats fold down your student will have plenty of room to get things moved into his/her new space. Learn more.
- Honda Fit (2009)- What’s not to love about a Honda? At least you know that your son or daughter will be purchasing a vehicle that holds its value very well. And, the economically designed Fit will be great for the gas budget.
- Honda CRV (2002)- We’ve already voiced our appreciation for Honda’s, but if your kid is hoping for a bigger car, the CRV is a good option. This will allow for plenty of room to take the friends to the beach on open weekends.
- Scion tC (2006)- The Scion is made by Toyota so that is always a plus. And, it is a relatively inexpensive used car that offers a good amount of interior space for carting stuff and friends. Read this.
- Acura TSX (2005)- Also made by Toyota, the Acura TSX is a luxury car. But since it will be purchased used, it shouldn’t break the bank. It will appeal to others at the university level as well.
- Ford Mustang (2005)- We couldn’t close out the list without incorporating at least one sports car. We understand that college students want to look cool and that they want to drive fast. They will have both in this car. But the best part is that it’s reasonably fuel efficient for a sportscar and it’s not super expensive to maintain.
To look at some more great options just click this.
Buying your first car is one of the biggest first time experiences of your life. It is always exciting to own your very first car and if you buy your own car you learn a lot of responsibility and you instantly become a lot more proud of your vehicle and yourself. It’s never easy to buy a car because you are always worried about whether you can afford the payments and whether the vehicle you choose will be the right choice. But in the end, an own car is worth every penny and every bit of stress you had to endure because your own car means pure freedom for your life. You can travel anywhere you like, as often as you wish and go where you please without having to ask permission ever again.
Find out what your car budget is
Before you go car shopping, you should establish what you can afford. Can you handle a vehicle premium and still afford your living expenses? And if you cannot, what can you do to cut some expenses so you can own your own vehicle?
Save up for the deposit
The bigger deposit you have for a vehicle the better because a bigger deposit means a lower monthly fee. Try to save up as much capital as you can before you buy.
Don’t go for something too expensive
Find out what payment options car dealerships have. Some car dealerships will give you a fixed payment plan over the course of five years while others have an option to pay less the first two years with a big bomb payment at the end of the second year. Don’t buy a car that is too expensive for you to afford because if you cannot make the payments you will lose your car.
Buy from a respected dealer
Only buy from a good quality, respected dealer when buying used cars in Lehigh Valley. That way you stand a much higher chance of getting a good quality pre-loved car and you can query the sale, should you encounter any problems with the vehicle.
Do some researches before you buy
Before you buy a car, you should find out if the car is suitable for you. Do research on the type of car to ensure that their services are affordable, find out if the vehicle is fuel efficient and research the capacity of the vehicle.
Take the car on a test drive
During a test drive you can listen for any strange engine noises to establish if the car and engine is still in good condition.
Get financing for the vehicle
Most car dealerships will contact your bank for the financing. Don’t let being too young or not being credible put you off buying your own car. You can always make a plan and perhaps partner up with your parents and buy the vehicle in their name while you remain responsible for the payments.
Remember to take a photo!
Remember to ask the car dealer to take a good photo of you in your car. The photo will be a good memory even if you don’t have the best, most expensive of cars. Once you are done posing, it is time to take off in your very own car.