A lot of buzzing has been going on about overly expensive tuition fees. Many colleges have increased their teacher and administrative staff salaries due to high volume complaints and resistance by these professionals which has also lead to a dramatic increase in average tuition fees. This increase is making it hard for students to get by on their allowances and especially for parents to come up with the needed tuition payments so their children can have a good education and this problem probably won’t be solved soon because teachers need more money and the only way for colleges to pay higher salaries is to increase tuition fees. A lot of students are starting to provide part time services to help their parents cover some of the fees. If you are looking for a good way to earn a bit of extra cash for your studies or if you are simply in desperate need of some spending money then providing cleaning services is a terrific place to start.
Why home cleaning services?
Everyone has a need for a clean home, office or business and very few people have the time to get to these tedious chores. When you provide cleaning services you are sure to get a lot of local clients which will give you a good part time income even though you have no experience, work flexi time and have little investment capital.
What you need to get started
One of the biggest reasons to start providing cleaning services is because you need very little to get started. In fact, you may already own many of the cleaning equipment that you need to start earning an income. Here are the top things that you should own.
- A vehicle in which you can load all of your cleaning gear
- Cleaning gear like mops, buckets, vacuum cleaners, dusters and more
- Cleaning products like carpet shampoo, floor wash, window wash detergent and more is a must
- Add a pressure washer to your collection and you can provide a lot more services
- You will also need to come up with a good company name so people can identify you as a professional
- An online presence like website and social media accounts are a must so clients can view your services and get in touch with you easily.
The right vacuum makes cleaning easy
Cleaning is hard work and you want to give your clients the best service so they will keep using your services and refer you to others. A good vacuum cleaner like the Shark Rotator NV752 will enable you to clean homes, offices and buildings a lot better because this vacuum offers powerful sucking and comes with different nozzles for power brushing, dusting, pet hair cleaning, hard floor cleaning and carpet cleaning. The Shark Rotator NV625 is also light and small enough to fit comfortably into your vehicle so you can move your cleaning gear from one home to another a lot easier and you will clean a lot better a lot quicker.
We had a hard time picking what direction to take with this piece. Of course, we could always write about class rings, or the ever more popular class pendants, but that just seemed lame. We wanted to give you some far more interesting tidbits of information about college and jewelry. So, we hope that this list of the jewelry college girls’ love will suit your student curiosities.
First, let’s talk about One by One Jewelry. They are a purveyor of elegant silver out of the UK. In fact, at their site you will find some stylish pieces that represent the likes of Rhianna, Victoria Beckham, and even Kate Moss. One particularly well loved design is called the swing earring. A beautiful composition of a stud and a caressing under lobe cradle that sparkles and shimmers. This is the height of modern fashion. And, will certainly grab the attention of your professors and peers.
The Jewelry College Girls Love
We’re not jewelry experts, but we do know college girls. And, we also have the ability to do some research. That’s how we were able to discover the jewelry college girls’ love. Feel free to keep reading and determine whether or not we are correct in this supposition:
- Earrings– Obviously earrings needed to be on this list, especially since we just got finished describing a new design known as the swing earring. But, earrings have long been favorites of women of all ages. They enable you to be simple or daring. Studs work well for the more professional aspects of college life, like office hour meetings with your professors. But, then there are always the dangling designs that bedazzle and add fun to every outfit. When it comes to picking the right earrings for you, be certain that they are versatile and representative of your personality. Read this to learn the history of earrings.
- Pendants- You know you love to look your best, but your classes seem to start way too early for that kind of preparation. And then, you’re up so late studying that being on your Ps and Qs with your wardrobe is hardly probable. Yet, part of you still wants to stand out, even if you’re in your pajamas or sweats when you get to class in the morning. That’s why a simple pendant on an elegant chain makes the perfect accoutrement. Of course, you could always go all out and make the pendant a bright bold piece of art that draws far more attention than your My Little Pony sleepwear. The choice is yours. Just don’t sleep with it on, so that it doesn’t pull your hair in the middle of the night and ruin a sweet rest.
- Rings– Where the earrings and pendants are often pretty docile on the college campus, the rings become the bold statements. Eye-catching ring designs are sure to make you stand out whether you are at a celebratory dinner downtown with friends, or in the midst of class frantically recording exam notes from the mouth of a fast talking professor. Rings don’t have to be expensive to be fun and dramatic. Just like with the other jewelry options, pick something that seems to scream who you are. Learn more about rings.
Picking the right jewelry for the right moments might be a bit challenging, so follow this link to get some expert advice on the topic.
You might currently be attending college in the United States or Canada, but perhaps that has become a bit tedious. You almost always know what to expect culturally, and you are tired of hearing the same accents and thought processes. Perchance, you have decided that you would like to study abroad. The night life in your current country of choice has gotten old. And, you aren’t interested in going where everyone else who goes abroad does. Therefore, it might be time to check out the best colleges in Australia.
Of course, going to college in Australia is not going to be cheap. You will need to get a job. Maybe you can become a BPO virtual assistant in Perth. You can be part of the world’s “reliable remote staffing solutions.” The staff at BPO have college degrees and tons of experience. You can learn about accounting and finance, IT, and even HR. This might be a great beginning to your business focused career while you study abroad. Once you have a plan for employment, it is time to make a choice about the university you wish to attend.
Top 10 Universities in Australia
If you have never been to Australia, it isn’t surprising that you don’t know much about their colleges and universities. That is why we have narrowed the list down to the top 10 universities in Australia. We are hoping to make this process considerably easier for you as the move itself will be a challenge. After all, you will be leaving people you love, the friends you hold dear, and a culture you are intimately familiar with to face new people in a new country. Consider these college options carefully:
- University of New South Wales
- University of Sydney
- Monash University
- Australian National University
- University of Melbourne
- University of Queensland
- University of Adelaide
- RMIT University
- University of Western Australia
- Curtin University
Read more about going to school in Australia.
So, you have now chosen which college you want to attend in Australia. However, you are still wondering why you should study abroad. Or, at the very least, you are having to explain to everyone you are getting ready to leave, why this journey is important for you. Therefore, here are some great reasons for studying abroad:
- Opportunity to travel: College is a time of freedom. A time when you don’t have the ties of a family. Therefore, it is a great time to travel.
- Learn another culture: Going to Australia, or anywhere else for school, will open your eyes to a new culture. Though they speak English in Australia, there is no doubt they live quite differently than you do. Learn more.
- Friends around the world: How else will you meet people on a different continent? You will meet people from another country and know them far better than you ever would, had you chosen to take up the pen-pal concept instead.
- Worldview expansion: Many of us are so ill-informed about the lives of people in other countries. When you study abroad, you will return with a far less biased, ethnocentric, ideology about life.
- Enhance your degree’s value: Employers find those that have studied abroad to be far more valuable than those who have stayed safely in their own hometowns and countries.
Learn more about the value of studying abroad by reading this piece.
It is important to take a good rest from your studies during your spring break so you can be ready and focused on studies when the next semester starts again. And by break I don’t mean lay around in bed or in front of the TV for your summer break. A good break means getting out, enjoying plenty of fresh air and sunlight, seeing and exploring different things, relaxing, having adventures and all of those crazy things you never get to do while you are giving your all during studies. One of the best ways to make the most out of your spring break is to travel abroad because you can see the world, gain experience, have great adventures and relax in just a few days.
Go with Rustic Pathways
Rustic Pathways has the best traveling programs for students. They offer over 90 different summer programs from which you can choose. The programs have different focuses such as community service, education and adventures. You can even find a program that suits your skill and practice these skills while you are having fun on international tours.
One of the best reasons to give Rustic Pathways a try is the affordability of the programs. The spring break programs mostly have duration of 8 days and include various activities and adventures. Some programs like the Sacred Valley Service program only cost $1995 plus airfare while others like the Surf and Service spring break program cost $2 195 excluding airfare.
Things you will do on your spring break
All of the Rustic Pathways programs include a great variety of activities, travels and learning and there are different types of programs for different types of skills. The most common things you will enjoy on all trips are;
Community service – Community service is part of most of the programs. You can help communities by building schools and more. Some programs involve limited community service while others like the Rebuilding New Orleans Spring Break include a lot of hard work.
Explore – You can explore any country when you enjoy these trips. Rustic Pathways has programs in more than 20 countries that all have terrific sights to see, activities to enjoy and services you can try.
Travel – The spring break programs are perfect for students who would love to travel and see the world.
Have fun – You get to enjoy a lot of different activities while on these programs. Activities like surfing, swimming, rafting, zip-lining, kayaking, island hopping and mountain climbing makes out a big part of each program.
Learn – Internship programs are great for gaining experience in a certain line of work like photography, teaching, business management, community uplifting and more. If you have your heart set on a certain career path then you can get some valuable insights and ideas for your future career and get a taste of what it will be like to work in such a position one day.
Help others – One of the best parts about these spring breaks is that you get to help other people by giving them physical assistance or teaching them.
College is your opportunity to explore your interests and to determine what it is you wish to do with your life. That doesn’t mean that you have to put aside your childhood delights. In fact, if you are still enamored with the thrill found in mountain biking, but it’s time to go to college, we’ve got good news for you. You can read this article to learn about mountain biking through college. Now, that doesn’t mean you will ride through various campuses. But, if you’ll read on, you will discover which colleges offer you the best mountain biking opportunities.
As a biking enthusiast, you should probably check out Two Monkeys Cycling. They are located in Australia, but if you order $200+ you can get free international shipping. This means you will have access to top of the line bikes and gear. And, if you visit regularly, their blog will keep you abreast of biking news and great places to explore. With that resource in the back of your mind, let’s determine which college is best for your biking desires.
The Four Best Colleges for Biking Enthusiasts
If you haven’t already chosen your college locale, this list might be of great use to you. That is particularly true if you would like to use your free time to mountain bike all over the place. These are the four best colleges for biking enthusiasts:
- Fort Lewis College– Located in Durango, Colorado it is considered a powerhouse in mountain biking circles. NCCA Division I championships have placed them as winners for the last 13 years. Their mountain biking team is considered a club sport, but the school is offering them funding thanks to their tremendous competitive success. Anyone can join. So, you don’t have to be a die-hard biker to enjoy the thrill of the ride with those who are. Learn more.
- University of Colorado– Colorado is a great place for sports enthusiasts of all kinds, including those with an affinity for biking. The Boulder campus has done quite well in the NCAA Division I championships too. They came in second place. Those of you who love mountain biking and are focused on aerospace engineering, will find that this is the school for you. Especially since they are ranked in the top 10 for graduate programs in that field, according to US News and World Report.
- California Polytechnic– If you are desirous of attending school on the West Coast, this is the place for you. The Great Loop and Stenner Canyon are available for your exploration and enjoyment. The Great Loop is useful if you are just beginning your mountain biking focus. You can traverse a 6.5 mile trail that is designed for mountain biking beginners. The biking team there might have only achieved 4th place in the NCAA Division championships, but that’s still impressive. It’s the top-ranking engineering programs that should really draw your attention anyway. Read more.
- Warren Wilson College– Located in Swannanoa, North Carolina, it’s a great school for college level mountain biking. Their mountain biking team is considered varsity. That is a good thing since they don’t offer football or baseball. If you are looking to stay on the east coast, while enjoying the mountains, don’t miss the trails in the Blue Ridge area.
College is a great time to explore. You can seek out new adventures and methods in which to take them. Mountain biking might be the best option for you. Feel free to learn more about it here.
As you move towards completing your degree in your field of interest, you may discover that an internship is required. These are invaluable opportunities to get your foot in the door of phenomenal companies within your career field. Therefore, it is a great idea to take some time out of your hectic schedule to ascertain the best internship opportunities available for college students. Luckily, we are providing a list of them for you here.
Before we jump into that list though, we would like to draw your attention to a political internship opportunity that might help you better understand the whole government process. Let us introduce you to Philadelphia 3.0. Although this is definitely a nonpartisan organization, the Penn Dems support your interest in applying for an internship. This is an 8 week program that requires a minimum of 10 hours a week. You will learn a lot about the political process and have the opportunity to affect the City Council while participating.
7 Incredible Internships that Open Doors
If we are honest about life, open doors generally are attached to who you know. As much as we all want to get out in the world and be successful based on our own merit, it doesn’t usually happen that way. Sure, you can be a phenomenal student but like the adage says, “it isn’t what you know, but who you know.” So, try out these 7 incredible internships that open doors. And then prove yourself while there, so that you can utilize the who and what to make a name for yourself:
- Microsoft- Who doesn’t want to set foot in there? There are actually a good deal of non-techy positions. These are 12 week internships and they include travel benefits and other perks that make you feel like a real employee. Read this.
- Pricewaterhouse Cooper– This is another big boy in the accounting realm. Their internships last for 2 months. And, believe it or not, half of those people who intern with them are offered a job!
- Ernst and Young– With a hire rate of about 2000 interns a year, chances for success seem pretty high. They extend offers of full time employment to about 90% of those who choose to intern with them. So, if you are a business major, this is a great position to grab a hold of.
- Disney- You know you want to work there! Their internships are paid. And, since you can serve in either California or Florida, you know it will be beautiful. Learn more.
- Nike- You know the name, now join the fame. 10 week internships in a bunch of different areas could lead you to a lucrative full time position in the future.
- St Jude Medical– If you are in the medical field this is the place you want to be. In fact, they offer full time employment to 75% of their interns and that name looks great on your resume.
- Amazon- Did you know they had an intern program? You will get to work on big projects and attend their brown bag events. Besides, they hire 80% of their student interns.
If you are still looking for other opportunities, there is a great list located at this site.
Choosing a music university can be a tough task, and if you are looking to attend one in Canada then your options are endless. There are various factors that should be given weightage while making your choice, but you need to prioritize them according to your personal preferences. Whether you want to become a music teacher in the future yourself, or whether you want to play music on your own, also counts a lot.
Workforce/Teachers: Your decision of a post-secondary music institution ought to be vigorously in view of what teacher you want to study with. As a general rule, finding a reasonable educator/guide can represent the moment of truth for your music profession. Each individual functions admirably with an alternate individual, so this positioning will basically be founded on the span of the workforce and in this way is important in that it means the quantity of educators you need to browse. We exceptionally prescribe that you set aside the opportunity to have trial lessons with the greatest number of instructors as you can before accepting an offer from a University to see who you work best with.
Class Size: Generally, the smaller the class estimate, the better. A smaller class size will profit both your performance and academic classes: your educator will be more open for any inquiries or additional help you may need AND you will have the capacity to perform all the more regularly.
Area: The music world is small, so on the off chance that you pick up a positive reputation in one place, it will doubtlessly spread all through the whole business. That being said, in the event that you can begin making a reputation for yourself in the bigger melodic scenes in Canada (Toronto, Victoria, Montreal, and so on.) you will be in an ideal situation. Additionally, remember, that the nearer your vicinity is to the significant music groups, the more competitive it gets to be. Consider where you are as far as your expert development and ask yourself if you are ready for such an aggressive competition.
Reputation: Reputation of the University is most critical for the individuals who are seeking after a career in academics or education. In the event that you move on from a school that has an astounding reputation, landing a teaching position or applying for a post-graduate program will be much simpler. Be that as it may, reputation of the instructive establishment is not as basic for the individuals who are planning to seek after a profession in musical performance. On the off chance that you discover a University that will help you refine your art and deliver an amazing item for audition then the audition board won’t be excessively worried about which University you went to.
Before applying, make sure that you have complete knowledge about all musical instruments and music players. Make sure that you have all vinyl players reviewed to increase your knowledge base. The most reputed universities in Canada include University of Western Ontario, University of Toronto, McGill University, Wilfred Laurier University and University of British Columbia. While making your choice, be sure not to disregard smaller universities, make sure you have trial lessons and apply for both larger and smaller schools.
Buying your first car is one of the biggest first time experiences of your life. It is always exciting to own your very first car and if you buy your own car you learn a lot of responsibility and you instantly become a lot more proud of your vehicle and yourself. It’s never easy to buy a car because you are always worried about whether you can afford the payments and whether the vehicle you choose will be the right choice. But in the end, an own car is worth every penny and every bit of stress you had to endure because your own car means pure freedom for your life. You can travel anywhere you like, as often as you wish and go where you please without having to ask permission ever again.
Find out what your car budget is
Before you go car shopping, you should establish what you can afford. Can you handle a vehicle premium and still afford your living expenses? And if you cannot, what can you do to cut some expenses so you can own your own vehicle?
Save up for the deposit
The bigger deposit you have for a vehicle the better because a bigger deposit means a lower monthly fee. Try to save up as much capital as you can before you buy.
Don’t go for something too expensive
Find out what payment options car dealerships have. Some car dealerships will give you a fixed payment plan over the course of five years while others have an option to pay less the first two years with a big bomb payment at the end of the second year. Don’t buy a car that is too expensive for you to afford because if you cannot make the payments you will lose your car.
Buy from a respected dealer
Only buy from a good quality, respected dealer when buying used cars in Lehigh Valley. That way you stand a much higher chance of getting a good quality pre-loved car and you can query the sale, should you encounter any problems with the vehicle.
Do some researches before you buy
Before you buy a car, you should find out if the car is suitable for you. Do research on the type of car to ensure that their services are affordable, find out if the vehicle is fuel efficient and research the capacity of the vehicle.
Take the car on a test drive
During a test drive you can listen for any strange engine noises to establish if the car and engine is still in good condition.
Get financing for the vehicle
Most car dealerships will contact your bank for the financing. Don’t let being too young or not being credible put you off buying your own car. You can always make a plan and perhaps partner up with your parents and buy the vehicle in their name while you remain responsible for the payments.
Remember to take a photo!
Remember to ask the car dealer to take a good photo of you in your car. The photo will be a good memory even if you don’t have the best, most expensive of cars. Once you are done posing, it is time to take off in your very own car.
There are plenty of students who love to stay clued up on politics, news and general world information. But it’s hard to stay on top of things when all news channels only seem to focus on a certain popular aspect of the country. Lately every news channel, social media news site and news website have been focusing on Donald Trump’s victory with the elections. Hundreds of Donald Trump jokes, memes and quotes are flooding the internet and every news channel seems to have some interesting piece of gossip on America’s latest president. And yes, they have a good point because very few people expected Trump to ever run for president and since he won the elections he have been making some big changes in the world. But there are plenty of other information that students also need to stay clued up on. Here are some of the major world news feeds that you probably missed out on since everyone started talking about the new president.
America’s relationship with Turkey is more fragile than ever before
For the past sixty years, relationships between America and Turkey have been quite well but things are quickly starting to change. The Foundation for Defense of Democracies have always been keeping a close eye on all of the countries close relationships and is trying to keep the peace as far as possible. Recent studies have shown that Turkey governments have started growing animosity against America and the FDD is even advising to move military basis currently in Turkey out of the country to protect soldiers against possible hostility. The news affects you as a student because if things get serious it could greatly affect the possibility for students to move to Turkey or work in Turkey.
Life is getting more dangerous for students across the globe
It seems that student life is becoming more and more dangerous all over the world. More students are starting to commit aggressive and violent actions against fellow students in our modern supposedly more peaceful lifestyle. School violence is on the rise, putting more students and teacher’s lives in danger and more bully situations are being captured on camera than ever before. The degree of the violent actions between students is also increasing. From extremely aggressive bullying to life threatening actions are starting to surface more and more.
There’s a constant war going on about your literary classes
Some historical literary books like “To Kill a Mockingbird,” by Harper Lee and the all classic “The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” is causing huge debates in school systems due to some of the racial slurs used in the books. The novel; “To Kill a Mockingbird” have been removed and reinstated 13 times around the country and “The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” is one of the most frequently banned books in the country. But these literary works only seem to come back due to community arguments that claim that these are timeless stories and deserve a place in American history. We only can wonder how the constant changes in banning and reinstating literature will affect student grades.
If you want to attract the best patrons, you need to make sure your bar is in a respectable state of repair. Often, since lights are kept fairly low, it is hard to immediately notice points where paint has faded, chipped, or cracked over time. But a fresh coat of paint can work wonders for a space even when the lights are down.
So, if you are interested in refreshing the look of your bar with a new coat of paint, here are some tips to get your started.
Test Your Paint Colors
Just because a color looks great on a swatch doesn’t mean you’ll enjoy it once it is on the walls. Instead of investing in a particular shade immediately, consider getting some test size containers of a few options. Then, you can paint different areas within the bar to see how they look under different lighting conditions.
Stage and bar lights create a tint, and the lower overall amount of light means the paints will automatically look differently than they do in the store. Paint sections in a few areas and see if a certain color achieves the look for which you are going. Then you can make a purchase a color for the whole interior with confidence.
Invest in Supply
Beyond the paint, you will need a number of other supplies to complete the job. Paintbrushes and rollers are common, as well as paint trays. You will also need painters tape to separated sections that will and won’t be painted, as well as drop clothes or other protection coverings for flooring or furniture that cannot be moved.
If you have a large area to cover, consider investing in a sprayer. The best air compressor with a great paint nozzle can make quick work of large spaces like walls. It can also help you get more even coverage than you may achieve through other means.
Choose Paint Right
Even though you have selected your color, you need to make sure you purchase the right paint for the job. Latex paints are often more durable than water-based, which may make it a better choice for a bar. You also want to consider whether you need a separate primer or if a one-coat product can meet your needs.
Some of what will drive your decision is the current color on the walls. Dark colors are harder to cover than lighter tones, so using a separate primer may help you achieve better results. However, some of the newer one-coat product can do a sufficient job on their own. And that can save you significant time compared to applying primer and multiple layers of paint, and may even save you money when compared to buying primer and enough paint for multiple coats.
Mix Your Paint
Most bars will take more than one gallon of paint to complete. Even if you pick the same color, each can of paint may vary slightly from one another. To ensure you get a consistent look, purchase an extra bucket that is large enough to hold all of your paint. Poor each gallon of the color into the bucket and thoroughly mix. Then, you are sure to get the same color on every surface getting painted.
Once you have everything in order, you are ready to paint. While you can move quickly, you don’t want to rush the job. Take care to avoid splatters and drips, and you’ll achieve a better result on your first try.