Heading off to college is an exciting moment in the life of a young person. However, there are a number of concerns for parents. Many parents ascribe to the “buy your own car” mentality, and we certainly support that. However, it’s important to help your kids pick the best cars for college students before they leave home. You want to ensure that they’ve got a car they can afford and that will keep them safe.
We suggest looking at your options via Car Vision. They have a large selection of used vehicles at reasonable prices. College students will want to pick one of the cars on our list to be confident that they are heading off to college with a peach not a lemon. The experts at Car Vision can help your children make an informed choice before they move on to make even greater life lasting decisions at college.
Top Seven Used Cars for College Students
If you are interested, you can do a quick search for the top seven used cars for college students, or you can trust our list. We utilized Edmunds, which happens to be a well-respected source for used and new car information. Hopefully this list will help you and your soon to be college student narrow down the options and pick something that will last the next four years and beyond.
- Mazda 3 (2008)- You can get this in a hatchback or sedan version. Both options are very versatile and will offer plenty of space for hauling groceries and all the necessities to move into the dormitories on campus.
- Kia Soul (2013)- The Kia Soul is exceptionally inexpensive when purchased in a used state. They offer abundant features, style, and functionality necessary for leaving home. Since the back seats fold down your student will have plenty of room to get things moved into his/her new space. Learn more.
- Honda Fit (2009)- What’s not to love about a Honda? At least you know that your son or daughter will be purchasing a vehicle that holds its value very well. And, the economically designed Fit will be great for the gas budget.
- Honda CRV (2002)- We’ve already voiced our appreciation for Honda’s, but if your kid is hoping for a bigger car, the CRV is a good option. This will allow for plenty of room to take the friends to the beach on open weekends.
- Scion tC (2006)- The Scion is made by Toyota so that is always a plus. And, it is a relatively inexpensive used car that offers a good amount of interior space for carting stuff and friends. Read this.
- Acura TSX (2005)- Also made by Toyota, the Acura TSX is a luxury car. But since it will be purchased used, it shouldn’t break the bank. It will appeal to others at the university level as well.
- Ford Mustang (2005)- We couldn’t close out the list without incorporating at least one sports car. We understand that college students want to look cool and that they want to drive fast. They will have both in this car. But the best part is that it’s reasonably fuel efficient for a sportscar and it’s not super expensive to maintain.
To look at some more great options just click this.